- Circular Approach to Shipping Platform Materials – Ship, recycle, reuse
- 100% Readily Recyclable Construction – Corrugated fiberboard is the most recycled material, 96%
- 100% Sustainable Sourced Materials – No petroleum-based adhesives
- Reduced Shipping Energy Use – Product-tailored pallet design, 80% reduction in pallet weight
- No Heat/Fumigation Chemical Treatment – Corrugated fiberboard is ISPM-15 exempt, insect/disease free
- Climate positive – Reduction in CO2 emissions through transport
Sustainable Pallet Supply
- Reduced Pallet Sourcing Energy Use – Pallet blanks shipped flat, 80% reduction in pallet deliveries
- Reduced Pallet Warehouse Space – Pallets stored flat, 80% reduction in pallet warehouse space
- Pallets Produced When Needed – Pallets easily assembled in on 30-45 seconds, before use
- Forklift Savings
Forklifts pick up just 18 wood pallets compared to 180 unassembled Lifdek pallets, saving approximately 90% on
incoming forklift labor, maintenance and fuel for incoming pallet freight.
- Freight Savings
Heavy wood block pallets can add nearly a ton of dead pallet weight, which reduces the amount of product loaded on
the trailer before reaching maximum DOT weight limits. Lifdek pallets weight just 4 kg (9 lbs), reducing dead pallet
weight and increasing product shipped each trailer load.
- Product Damage Savings
Manufacturers shipping fragile products realize a reduction in product damages caused by broken wood slats,
protruding nails, and double stacking heavy pallets. Lifdek pallets are perfect every time, light weight, and absorb
vibration and shock offering a buffer between the road and your products.
- Logistics and Handling Saving
In many cases, product manufacturers can bypass the retail distribution centers and ship directly to the retail store
location where Lifdek pallets are recycled along with other corrugated boxes, preventing pallet accumulation.
Employees at retail locations can hand carry Lifdek pallets to the recycling bin rather than use pallet jacks or forklifts
to store, stage and load heavy wood pallets.
- Warehouse and Dock Space Savings
Lifdek pallets are received and stored KDF (Knock Down Flat) occupying a fraction of the space conventional wood
pallets require. This allows additional warehouse and dock space to be used for receiving and storing products.
- Air Freight Savings
Light weight Lifdek pallets save approximately $60 USD over conventional wood pallets when shipped Air Freight
and billed at $1.00 USD per kg. Air freight savings exceed $1,000,000 USD converting just 17,000 pallets from wood to
- Landfill Savings
Lifdek pallets are captured and re-pulped by the corrugated recycling infrastructure already in place for corrugated
boxes, rarely entering a landfill. Hardwood pallets are one of the biggest solid waste contributors to landfills.
- Emissions Savings
The amount of fuel used to ship and retrieve empty pallets to and from customers is reduced substantially because
Lifdek pallets ship KDF, allowing more than four times the quantity of wood pallets per trailer load. Each gallon of
diesel fuel saved would decrease carbon emissions by 10 kg (22 lbs).
- Cross Contamination Elimination
Corrugated board is made using high temperatures and is approved for food and pharmaceutical applications because
of its sterile nature. Lifdek pallets ship one way, preventing exposure to contaminants, harmful chemicals, and
- Slip Sheet Elimination
Slip sheet purchases add additional costs as a necessary barrier to each wood pallet, but Lifdek pallets eliminate them
due to the smooth, clean top surface.
- Treated Pallet Elimination
Some countries have stopped receiving wood pallets due to the wood boring insects they transport. Lifdek pallets are
ISPM15 exempt, which prevents your products from being held at port.
Wood Pallet Injury Elimination
Pallet related injuries to employees and customers caused by heavy wood pallets and poor pallet quality are
eliminated with smooth, light weight Lifdek pallets.
- Recycling Revenue Increase
Lifdek pallets can be recycled with other corrugated boxes, generating additional recycling revenue. Over 73% of
corrugated board is captured with today’s efficient recycling infrastructure – higher than any other packaging material.